VizSpark™ is a robust, industrial simulation tool for high-fidelity modeling of thermal (arc) plasmas. As part of the OverViz Simulation Suite, it can be fully coupled with electromagnetic and fluid flow models to provide solutions to a wide range of complex multiphysics problems. VizSpark™ is fully parallelized and can be used to perform large, 3D simulations with complex geometries. Its robust solvers and scalability make it ideal for solving real world engineering problems.
- 1D, 2D (planar / axisymmetric) and 3D problems
- Local Thermodynamic Equilibrium (LTE) with special treatment of non-LTE at boundaries
- Automatic generation of plasma properties
- Coupling to electromagnetics (arc induced fields and external fields)
- Coupling to incompressible and compressible fluid-flow (natural convection, shocks, etc.)
- Conjugate heat transfer with arc and solid domains
- Material ablation models
- Moving body dynamics
- Parallel computing
- Free-burning arcs
- Wall-stabilized arcs
- Ablation controlled arcs
- Arcs in imposed and self-induced flows
- Magnetized arcs
- Arcs with electrode erosion
- Lighting manufacturers (HID, arc lamps)
- Heavy manufacturing (welding, cutting)
- Automotive ignition manufacturers (spark plugs,etc.)
- Space propulsion (Arcjets, MPD, etc.)
- Coating (powder spray coating, etc.
The Taguchi Method: Justification for Robustification
Within the scientific method and its techniques for pursuing knowledge, experiments are the vehicle through which empirical facts are established. The early approach of "trial and error" is what design of experiments (DOE) aims to improve upon. By...
EsgeeTech Presenting at IPMHVC 2022
This week, IEEE begins its International Power Modulator and High Voltage Conference, along with the jointly held Electrical Insulation Conference (IPMHVC/EIC) in Knoxville, Tennessee. Engineers and scientists involved in applications for power...
Using VizSpark to Model Electrical Discharge in Combustion Engines
Argonne National Laboratory represents the United States’ Department of Energy’s commitment to cooperative research and scientific discovery. Since its inception in 1946, Argonne has pioneered laboratory research and experimentation as the first...