VizGlow™ is a robust, industrial simulation tool for high-fidelity modeling of non-equilibrium plasma discharges. As part of the OverViz Simulation Suite, it can be fully coupled with electromagnetic, fluid flow, and kinetic particle models to provide solutions to a wide range of complex multiphysics problems. It has been used to analyze discharges ranging from low pressure plasma reactors at a few mTorr to high pressure streamers at 15atm, all with a single solver. VizGlow™ is fully parallelized and can be used to perform large, 3D simulations with complex geometries. Its robust solvers and scalability make it ideal for solving real world engineering problems.
- 1D, 2D (planar / axisymmetric) and 3D problems
- Self-consistent (sheath + plasma) and quasi-neutral formulation
- Multi-species, multi-temperature formulation
- Finite-rate gas chemistry (complex gas mixtures) and surface chemistry (etching, deposition, etc.)
- Coupling to electromagnetics and fluid-flow
- Coupling to kinetic particle models for hybrid plasma simulation
- Photoionization model
- General circuit model
- Valid over range of pressures ~mTorr to 10+atm.
- Unstructured mixed mesh framework
- Parallel computing
- Thin film etching / deposition / cleaning
- Semiconductor processing
- Semiconductor equipment design
- Chemical vapor deposition
- Lighting and display
- Aerodynamic flow control
- Chemical processing
- Combustion ignition / stabilization
- Biomedical (e.g. sterilization)
- Plasma propulsion
- Plasma metamaterials
- Capacitively Coupled Plasmas (CCP)
- Inductively Coupled Plasmas (ICP)
- Microwave Plasmas (MWP)
- Direct Current (DC) Plasmas
- Atmospheric Pressure Plasmas (APP)
- Microdischarges (MD)
- Semiconductor equipment makers
- Semiconductor IC manufacturers
- Solar cell manufacturers
- Flat-panel display manufacturers
- Automotive industry (e.g. next generation combustion ignition)
- Aerospace industry (e.g. flow control, plasma propulsion)
- Electrical device manufacturers
Propelling Space Age with Ion Thrusters
The inquisitive mind of mankind permitted spaceflight to grow in the last century and exponentiate in recent years. Thanks to the technologies that drive this rapid deployment of spacecrafts. Statistics show that the year 2020 had seen a record...
Simulating Gas Dynamics inside Industrial Atomic Layer Deposition Batch Reactors
Moore’s Law, a traditional benchmark in the semiconductor industry, has led to miniaturization, speed and efficiency improvements in modern microelectronics. The primary approach to keep up with the trend is to shrink the size of various features...
How to Simulate Plasma Discharge in a Meter-scale ICP Reactor?
Humans took a big leap forward when we learned to control fire and use it for our daily needs. A similar leap happened when we learned to generate and handle plasmas, the fourth and most abundant state of matter found mostly in stars. Today, every...