We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the OverViz software package has been released! Our latest version of industry leading plasma-fluid-electromagnetic-particle simulation software follows up on our previous v2.4.0 release with bug fixes, improvements to the GUI and two new particle examples.
Key New Features and Enhancements
• Improvements to the VizGlow GUI and fixes to flow, electromagnetics and particle panels
• Speed improvements to the VizEM electromagnetics module (up to 2x speed for some examples)
• New Example: RF Gridded Xenon Ion Thruster
• New Example: Particle-in-Cell GEC Reference Cell Validation
New installers and installation instructions are available for download from the Esgee Corporate Portal. Please contact us if you have any questions, need help accessing the Portal, or are interested in learning more about v2.4.1
We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the OverViz software package has been released! Many new additions and enhancements have been made to our flagship VizGlow non-thermal and VizSpark thermal plasma solvers.
Key New Features and Enhancements
• New improved VizMesh with improved usability, bug fixes, capability to add splines to geometry, specify primitive shapes as modular objects, import STL files.
• New capability to specify surface chemistry using particles in VizGrain
• Coupled circuits module with current continuity equation system in VizSpark
• Added new circuits to simulate spark ignition, and to perform frequency power control
• New fast model to predict streamer breakdown in VizGlow
• Hybrid initialization for improved convergence of steady state flow
• Capability to split EM power into capacitive and inductive components in VizGlow
• Extended VizGlow’s non-linear magnetostatics capability to support 2D TM, 3D problems
• Included an option to match EM Power absorbed in sync with VizGlow’s external circuits
• Improved handling of large meshes (> 10 million cells) by reducing memory footprint
• Improved the accuracy and stability of coupled circuit solver in VizGlow
• Improved the robustness and speed of the reactive flow solver in VizSpark
• Improved accuracy of the flow solver allowing for accurate shock capturing
• Improvements to electron mobility and diffusion models for magnetized plasma
• Improvements to the VizGrain particle charge-exchange reaction models
• Added a direct linear solver option for electrostatic potential equation in VizGlow
• Improvements to immersed-gas interface boundary condition in VizSpark
Esgee Technologies Inc. is excited to announce the production release of OverViz Simulation Suite v2.3. Our latest version of industry leading plasma-fluid-electromagnetic-particle simulation software provides significant performance improvements over previous versions, along with many new features and enhancements.
Users can expect significant improvements in solver run time compared to the previous version for many simulation applications. The plot above shows 3x-5x improvement for our standard CCP, ICP, and MWP examples and up to 8x for some electromagnetic simulations. Note that the performance improvement strongly depends on the application, mesh size, selected physics, chemistry, and computing hardware.
Esgee is excited to introduce ChemView, our new user interface for editing and visualizing chemistry mechanisms. ChemView is designed to improve user experience in working with chemical reaction mechanisms. It simplifies the process of editing, adding, and deleting reactions and their parameters. ChemView allows user to quickly enable/disable reactions, visualize and compare reaction parameters (e.g. rate coefficients), and easily export for use in plasma simulation.
A new reactive flow modeling capability is now available in VizSpark. Users can simulate spark ignited combustion, with full coupling to the arc physics.
New hybrid plasma modeling is now available in the OverViz Suite in which any species can be freely set as fluid or particle. In the hall thruster example above, the electrons are solved as fluid and other species (Xe, Xe+, and Xe++) are solved as particles.
Below is a list of additional new features and enhancements that can be found in v2.3:
More robust electrostatic potential solver
New single-seat Unlimited Parallel (UP) licensing option
Enhanced Particle-in-Cell (PIC) and hybrid fluid-particle plasma modeling
Tecplot outputs now use TecIO binary formatting for efficient post processing
Monte Carlo Collision (MCC) modeling with charge exchange and fast neutral particle treatment
Improved coupled circuit solver in VizGlow
Particle boundary emission in VizGrain
Improved magnetized plasma solver
CUF support for VizGrain inflow boundaries
User interface simplifications and enhancements
VizGrain particle charge-exchange reactions
Nonlinear magnet model for 2D transverse electric polarization in VizGlow
2D no electric polarization option for electromagnetic waves in VizGlow
Support IEDFs from CUP for VizGrain inflow boundaries
Current driven boundary condition for ICP electromagnetics
Ability to write EADF data to multiple transient output files in VizGlow
Define spatially dependent reaction rate multiplier for specified reactions in VizGlow
Simplified VizFlow UI panel
New quasineutral sheath boundary condition options
Improved particle parallel simulation efficiency
Ability to specify different statistical weights for individual species in VizGrain
Many new and improved simulation examples were added for all OverViz physics modules.
New installers and installation instructions are available for download from the Esgee Corporate Portal. Please contact us if you have any questions, need help accessing the Portal, or are interested in learning more about v2.3.
Esgee Technologies Inc. would like to announce the release of OverViz Suite v2.2.1. This release contains minor bug fixes and software maintenance updates for improved usability. New installers and installation instructions are available for download from the Esgee Corporate Portal.
1301 S. Capital of Texas Hwy,
Austin, Texas 78746, USA