We are pleased to announce that the latest version of the OverViz software package has been released! Many new additions and enhancements have been made to our flagship VizGlow non-thermal and VizSpark thermal plasma solvers.
Key New Features and Enhancements
• New improved VizMesh with improved usability, bug fixes, capability to add splines to geometry, specify primitive shapes as modular objects, import STL files.
• New capability to specify surface chemistry using particles in VizGrain
• Coupled circuits module with current continuity equation system in VizSpark
• Added new circuits to simulate spark ignition, and to perform frequency power control
• New fast model to predict streamer breakdown in VizGlow
• Hybrid initialization for improved convergence of steady state flow
• Capability to split EM power into capacitive and inductive components in VizGlow
• Extended VizGlow’s non-linear magnetostatics capability to support 2D TM, 3D problems
• Included an option to match EM Power absorbed in sync with VizGlow’s external circuits
• Improved handling of large meshes (> 10 million cells) by reducing memory footprint
• Improved the accuracy and stability of coupled circuit solver in VizGlow
• Improved the robustness and speed of the reactive flow solver in VizSpark
• Improved accuracy of the flow solver allowing for accurate shock capturing
• Improvements to electron mobility and diffusion models for magnetized plasma
• Improvements to the VizGrain particle charge-exchange reaction models
• Added a direct linear solver option for electrostatic potential equation in VizGlow
• Improvements to immersed-gas interface boundary condition in VizSpark
• User interface simplifications and enhancements
Many new and improved simulation examples were added for all OverViz physics modules. New installers and installation instructions are available for download from the Esgee Corporate Portal. Please contact us if you have any questions, need help accessing the Portal, or are interested in learning more about v2.4.