1. C++/Qt Software Development Engineer (Posted Jan 4, 2022)
Job Description :
Esgee Technologies is a multi-physics simulation software development company based in Austin, Texas that caters to the modelling needs of the semiconductor, automotive and aerospace industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the graphical user interface (GUI) for all our software products. The candidate will work closely with our multi-disciplinary team of computational scientists and engineers to develop a user-friendly workflow for our customers. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with strong prior experience in developing C++ based applications.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop a modern, robust, cross-platform Qt/C++ based GUI focused on improving the interactive user workflow for setting up complex multi-physics simulations, and offering seamless integration with the backend.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (solver, GUI, and support team) to design and optimize the user workflow
- Work with the model development team to implement state-of-the-art 3D rendering functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related field.
- Prior experience developing applications using C++ (at least 3 years experience)
- Prior experience with Qt is a plus
- Prior experience with OpenGL preferred
- Experience with CAD/CAE modeling/Computational geometry is a plus
- Prior experience working with any scientific computing software is preferred.
2. Technical Writer (Posted Jan 4, 2022)
To increase the usability and impact of our software, we are currently looking to revamp our technical documentation and create content for technical and non-technical audiences.
The ideal candidate for this job role should be able to
- Convert technical information into clear and concise documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop and produce multimedia content assets for sales and marketing emails, tutorials, social media and promotional activities
- Proofread and revise technical documents for grammatical accuracy, fluency and clarity.
- Manage the design and development of editorial website content
- Work with subject matter experts to create and manage the technical marketing materials.
- Develop news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, advanced PowerPoint presentations and infographics
- Amplify the presence of Esgee on the social media
- Stay on top of the emerging trends in the field of CFD simulations and understand the competition in key areas.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical field and/or in English/Journalism with the ability to efficiently and effectively write accurate and customer-compliant technical documents
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience
- Experience with working on Linux and Latex editors is preferred.
We are always interested in receiving applications from strong candidates in technical areas that fit our software product portfolio, business development, marketing, etc. Several of our recent hires have been “opportunity hires”, namely, candidates who we have come across without having a formal opening. We therefore encourage you to contact us if you feel you may be interested in working with us.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.